Is there any better way to savour a delicious meal than by sharing it with family and loved ones while creating new memories?
What’s even better is ending your meal on a sweet note!
We sure can’t think of a better dessert this Easter than a traditional favorite with a twist!
It is our favorite signature Amarula-infused Malva pudding.
Why not try this delicious take on Malva pudding with Amarula to take all your senses right back to the African bush?
- 200 g caster sugar
- 2 free-range eggs
- 2 T apricot jam
- 190 g cake flour
- ½ t bicarb
- 3 T butter
- ½ cup milk
- Vanilla Custard, for serving
- 1 cup Amarula
For the sauce:
- 2 cups cream
- 125 g butter
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup sherry
- Preheat the oven to 190°C.
- Add the sugar, eggs and apricot jam to a large mixing bowl and beat until pale.
- Sift the flour, bicarbonate of soda and salt, then incorporate. In a small saucepan over a low heat, melt the butter, then stir in the vinegar and milk.
- Add the dry mixture to the sugar and egg mixture and combine. Add the milk mixture and whisk until a smooth batter forms. Grease a ovenproof dish and pour in the yummy mixture.
- Bake for 40 minutes, or until an inserted skewer comes out clean. Pour the sauce over and serve with a thick custard.
The boozy sauce: Add all ingredients to a saucepan over a medium heat and stir until it all comes together.