With the cold front making a guest appearance this weekend, we thought you might want to tuck into something hearty with the family.
Get your tastebuds going with our lemony, garlicky, origanum flaked lamb with crispy potatoes – best served with a view into Kruger!
For now you can light a fire, stream our live Kruger webcam and feast on this comforting meal to warm you from the inside out!
For the lamb
3 tbs extra virgin olive oil
4 x 200G lamb racks – trimmed
2 heaped tbs dried oregano
Juice of 2 lemons (+ rind of 1 lemon)
3 garlic cloves crushed
For the roasted lemon potatoes
Juice of 1 lemon
6 tbs extra virgin olive oil
1 heaped tsp dried oregano
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Quarter your potatoes and add them to a pot of boiling water. Boil until semi cooked. (This process helps to speed up the cooking time in the oven).
- Place the lemon juice, rind, crushed garlic, olive oil, salt & pepper in a bowl and combine.Add the lamb to a baking dish lined with non-stick baking paper and thoroughly coat with the mixture.
- Crush the dried oregano in the palm of your hands as you sprinkle it over the lamb. Let the lamb marinade whilst you continue preparing the potatoes.
- Drain the water and toss the potatoes in a colander to rough them up a bit.
- Spread the potatoes out in a non-stick ovenproof dish.
- Dress them with the lemon juice and the olive oil, add a generous amount of salt and cracked black pepper.
- Crush the dried oregano in the palm of your hands as you sprinkle it over the potatoes.
- Roast in the oven until crispy and golden, tossing the potatoes in their sauce as they cook.
- Place the lamb in the oven – for medium rare roast for 20 minutes, or to your liking.
Tip: Let the lamb rest for 10 minutes covered in foil before slicing it to serve !