As our desire for Kruger grows, so does the rumble in our bellies as we dream of delicious breakfasts after an early morning game drive. An early rise, the fresh dewy air & spotting big 5 can work up a serious appetite.
Just because you cant sit at our breakfast table and share stories from your early morning adventures, does not mean you can’t start your morning the Mdluli way.
Use your time to create our Luxury Spiced Granola in the comfort of your own home.
1/3 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup coconut oil
1T ground cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla bean paste
3 cups of rolled oats
3/4 cup dried cranberries
3/4 cup pumpkin seeds
3/4 cup sliced almonds
3/4 cup roughly chopped macadamia nuts
- Preheat oven to 160°C. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper
- Place the coconut oil and maple syrup in a pot and melt. Add in the vanilla & cinnamon and stir off the heat.
- Add the rolled oats, cranberries, pumpkin seeds, almonds and chopped macadamia nuts to a large bowl & mix until combined. Pour over the syrup sauce and mix thoroughly – coating all of the ingredients.
- Spread the mixture evenly onto the trays and a toast for 10 minutes. Toss the granola and toast for a further 5 minutes or until golden and crunchy.
- Cool before spooning into your breakfast bowl, serve with fresh sliced figs & vanilla bean yoghurt.