With temperatures at a serious low this weekend, and really nowhere to go… Why not try your hand at our comforting Roasted Butternut & Coconut soup? We cant resist something warm to dive into whilst sitting in our PJ’s on the couch and soaking up the heat (from our heaters).
This is a really easy recipe to throw together but packed with flavour to warm you from the inside out !
1 Tbs butter
Olive oil to drizzle over the butternut
Pinch of salt and cracked black pepper to taste
1 Tbs honey
½ tsp chilli flakes
3 sprigs fresh thyme
2 cloves of garlic – crushed
5 large carrots, peeled and diced
500g diced butternut
1 onion finely chopped
1 celery stalk diced
500ml chicken or vegetable stock
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper
- Roughly dice the butternut, drizzle with olive oil, salt, pepper, honey and roast in the oven until soft and slightly caramalised.
- Place a knob of butter in a large pot and add your diced onion, chili flakes, garlic, carrots, celery & thyme. Sweat until soft.
- Once your veggies start to soften add in your chicken/vegetable stock and bring to a boil over medium heat. Now add the roasted butternut to the pot.
- Stir in 250ml of coconut cream.
- Put the lid on and let your soup bubble away until all of your vegetables are soft.
- Remove the soup from the heat. Using a hand-held stick blender, blend the soup until smooth. Add in the rest of your coconut cream and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Tip: We can’t resist having something to dunk into our soup. To serve, slice a fresh loaf of ciabatta, brush with olive oil and sprinkle with salt, pepper & parmesan. Place under the grill for 8 minutes.