For the lamb
3 tbs extra virgin olive oil
4 x 200G lamb racks – trimmed
2 heaped tbs dried oregano
Juice of 2 lemons (+ rind of 1 lemon)
3 garlic cloves crushed
For the roasted lemon potatoes
Juice of 1 lemon
6 tbs extra virgin olive oil
1 heaped tsp dried oregano
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Quarter your potatoes and add them to a pot of boiling water. Boil until semi cooked. (This process helps to speed up the cooking time in the oven).
- Place the lemon juice, rind, crushed garlic, olive oil, salt & pepper in a bowl and combine.Add the lamb to a baking dish lined with non-stick baking paper and thoroughly coat with the mixture.
- Crush the dried oregano in the palm of your hands as you sprinkle it over the lamb. Let the lamb marinade whilst you continue preparing the potatoes.
- Drain the water and toss the potatoes in a colander to rough them up a bit.
- Spread the potatoes out in a non-stick ovenproof dish.
- Dress them with the lemon juice and the olive oil, add a generous amount of salt and cracked black pepper.
- Crush the dried oregano in the palm of your hands as you sprinkle it over the potatoes.
- Roast in the oven until crispy and golden, tossing the potatoes in their sauce as they cook.
- Place the lamb in the oven – for medium rare roast for 20 minutes, or to your liking.
Tip: Let the lamb rest for 10 minutes covered in foil before slicing it to serve !