Ditch the cereal, peanut butter on toast and oats this weekend for something worth getting out of bed for.
We’re not saying that you should make this breakfast every single day…
But we’re also not saying that you shouldn’t 😉
We sure can’t think of a better way to wake up on the weekend than having a warm English muffin topped with salmon ribbons & soft poached eggs lathered in the silkiest-fool proof tarragon hollandaise.
Best served with a view of the Kruger, but our webcam will do the trick for now.
We can’t wait to share our mornings with you soon.
Try your hand at our Tarragon Eggs Benedict recipe this weekend.
1 pack of English muffins
1 pack of smoked salmon
Pinch of salt & pepper
For the hollandaise
5 Tarragon leaves
3 egg yolks
2T white wine vinegar
3T cold water
1tsp Lemon juice
250g clarified butter
- In a small pot, combine the vinegar, 2T water and tarragon. Simmer over a high heat until the liquid has been reduced to a tablespoon.
- Remove the liquid from the heat, discard the tarragon and transfer the mixture to a heatproof bowl. Add the eggs and remaining 1T of water. Using a mixer beat the mixture until well combined and creamy.
- In the meantime bring water to a simmer in a small pot over medium-low heat. Place the heatproof bowl over the pot making sure that it does not touch the water. Turn down the heat and slowly whisk in the clarified butter until smooth and incorporated
- Season with lemon juice, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Bring a pot of water to the boil, reduce heat to a simmer and add in 3T white wine vinegar. Whisk the water briskly forming a vortex – crack your eggs one-by-one into the vortex. Simmer for 3 minutes.
- Slice and toast the English muffins, layer the salmon ribbons, top with a poached egg and lather your eggs with the silky tarragon infused hollandaise sauce (*be generous).